Creating a team is a great way to get motivated to move more, enjoy friendly competition with other teams and have some fun with your colleagues—plus, it’s quick and easy to do.
A Team Captain is responsible for:
- Creating a team profile
- Recruiting team members
- Electing a Co-Captain for additional support
- Encouraging their team to increase daily physical activity
- Distributing prizes
Here’s what Team Captains need to know before, during, and after registration.
BEFORE REGISTRATION OPENS
Start getting a team together! See who might be interested in joining a team by make it a point at your next meeting or break time to ask others about participating in Exercise Across Abbott.
Between August 10 and 26, employees interested in becoming a Team Captain can create a team profile and invite colleagues to join their team.
- STEP 1: Team Captain creates a personal profile. You’ll need to do this before you can set up your team. Once you register and create your team profile, you will have access to resources to help you recruit team members and organize activities to keep your team active and motivated!
- STEP 2: Create a team profile. Set up basic information about your team, including choosing a team name. Your team name should have a little personality and represent the people of the team. Past team names include All Sweat, no complaints, Dusty Dumbells, Fat2fit, Goal Diggers, Legs Miserables, Pass a Smile, Shock and Awe, and We Showed up.
- STEP 3: Invite other Abbott employees. Be sure to remind employees to have their Abbott UPI / Employee ID ready so they can get signed up easily.
Questions? Please contact us.